SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bungalowdawn

Problems with Kitchenaid microhood. Anyone else?

bungalowdawn
16 years ago

Has anyone else had miserable luck with the Kitchenaid Architect series over range microwave hood? We bought one in October but didn't have it installed and in use until December. By early February, it stopped heating. Took a week for the service call. They said I need a new magnetron and a few other parts. That was supposed to take a week or so. Then we found out the parts are back ordered until at least 3/7. That will have been 5 weeks without this new, not inexpensive microwave.

What's worse is that I have spent at least an hour on the phone dealing with this. Talking to the service company, talking to KA to try to expedite the parts, being transferred to Whirlpool, having to re-explain the story every time I call as they've not apparently recorded our conversations, giving my personal details 5 million times. I really can't even explain clearly how ridiculous it has been, but it has been ridiculous. I am so frustrated. Sears says it's too late to return (which seems the easier route here.

Anyone else have this problem with this microwave? Any suggestions on dealing with KA?

At the very least, let this be another warning to people about Kitchenaid. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I listened to the on-line talk about the KA Architect range and didn't get that or the fridge. I'll just keep my fingers crossed on the dishwasher.

Ridiculous. Really.

Comment