SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
utexas2001

KitchenAid Induction Cooktop Problem?

utexas2001
14 years ago

Hi everyone!

I just had the KICU508BL (30" KitchenAid Induction) cooktop installed in my kitchen. Certain things I really love about it -- very precise temp. control and heats water with amazing speed. It has been really easy to keep clean. I have a question though... not sure if I have a defective cooktop or maybe this is just the way all induction (or KitchenAid induction) works? Here goes:

When on the low/med heat settings (1-6 on a 9 setting scale) I hear a fairly loud click...hum...click...hum... etc. The click comes about every 1-2 seconds. It never goes away. The hum is not a problem for me (it sounds like the fan in the unit) but the click is annoying. In addition, while boiling some water this evening, I noticed that the water would momentarily stop boiling during the click. I am assuming this is maybe the magnets cycling on and off?

I have already had the warranty tech. out... he didn't know anything about induction, but called someone at KitchenAid who eventually declared this "normal."

Not sure if I should keep harrassing KitchenAid... has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks so much!

Comments (7)