SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaksopcam_gw

Help! Medallion Cabs & Thermador Columns

jaksopcam
15 years ago

O.k. I finalized my kitchen plans this morning with my KD, made a few minor adjustments, got everything I really wanted and the price came in lower than the last quote! I was thrilled and so relieved to be done with that part of the project. I was so happy!!! Cue the doom and gloom music, "dum, dum, dum..."

This afternoon my kitchen guy calls and tells me the panels for the fridge (Medallion Cabinets) will not work with the Thermador Freedom Columns. He seemed to think its the way the Thermadors are made.(He's done it without problems on Sub Zeros and others) He looked into putting 4 doors together and then mounting those but he wouldn't recommend that, especially with the door style I picked (brookstone). I had this strange buzzing going on in my head as he talked so I didn't pick up all the details. Something about connecting them with wooden cookies or dowels???!!

My options are to get the stainless steel doors for the columns, which I really didn't want. Or the second option is to put a flat piece of cabinet and use mouldings that match my cabinets to frame the flat piece. The only difference is that my cabinets have a raised center but this option is looking like the best bet.

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems??? I've never heard of it before. I really like my kitchen guy and I know he is looking into every possibility, I just can't believe this is an issue. As soon as I hung up I knew I had to post this on GW!

Thanks.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County