SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

What did you have to have, but ended up not using or repurposing?

amberley
14 years ago

What thing(s) did you HAVE to have, go totally TKO over, but in the end didn't even use, or barely use, or changed or repurposed HOW you use it? We just demoed, and I already have one, although it is not exactly for the kitchen.

We are opening up the wall to the dining room, and I just bought a pair of "buffet" lamps for my sideboard. I had been lusting after them from Ballard Designs for ages butdecided to wait until they went on sale ($449 for the pair). Well, I found them on Ebay last week for only $278 for the pair! So I bought them. They arrived yesterday. They are HUGE. Oops. Big OOPS. They are actually almost 4 FEET tall, and on my sideboard, look like they belong in a castle. I was not so careful in looking at the size, I just looked at the picture. I NEVER do this with anything! Anyways, to make a long story short, I ended up using them in my bay window, which I have always had a hard time figuring out what to do with. Thankfully I found a suitable home for them, otherwise I would be reselling them on Ebay.

Now I am worried I have made some other choices that are going to end up being just goofy! Anyone have something that sort of just missed the mark, or that just didn't work out the way you thought?

Comments (26)