SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheryl8185_gw

semi-gloss doesn't look like any semi gloss I have seen

sheryl8185
14 years ago

I am finally getting to the painting part of my "remove the wallpaper from the bathroom" project. It hasn't been very fun because the wallpaper was affixed directly to the drywall. Removal caused drywall damage which meant we had to go the route of Guardz, skimcoat, primer and we had to do a small amount of texturing. The repair job actually turned out pretty well, considering I have never done skim coating or any of that before. (The advice here was invaluable and makes me feel more confident about tackling wall repair in the future.)

The texture stuff said you can paint right over it and I wonder if that is the problem. (ie we didn't prime over the top of the texture). I used ACE Royal paint since just fixing the house up for sale and that sounded like okay paint for our needs. So far, just one coat of paint, so maybe the next coat will look more like a semi-gloss? I can't describe exactly what the problem is, but it has no shine - very flat finish. We have a room done in a satin paint that looks like a shinier finish than this semi gloss. It looks okay, it just isn't what I expect to see in a bathroom.

Comments (3)