SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosepetal2

surprise phone conversation with my Mom

rosepetal2
16 years ago

For the first time in over 5 years I spoke to my Mom on the phone..........no we haven't been fighting, she has Alzheimers and hasn't spoken much in the past 8 years, she used to answer questions and be confused then she just stopped talking altogether. She had a talkative day on Tues...the day of her brothers funneral (that she didn't know about). She spoke to my older sister on the phone and my other sister went to see her, she was confused at times but it's just so good to hear her talk. I called last night to see if she'd talk to me, she only answered a few questions and I could tell we were "losing her" again to "Al" but it was great while it lasted. She has had short talks with me when I go back over the summer if I catch her at the perfect time. I really feel that she knew something was going on that day and perked up a little. She told my sister she'd been folding programs for someone and they had to be put in the mail, her pen wouldn't write and she didn't have stamps to mail them.(none of this happened except in her mind) She did remember that I live in England now which always amazes me (I've been here 5 years), long after the alzheimers got so bad.

I'm just doing the happy dance and wanted to share.

Diane

Comments (24)