SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Looking for two 'cottagey' items -- headboards and fans

Sueb20
14 years ago

Seeing the other thread about ceiling fans reminded me that I need to find 4 ceiling fans for the upstairs rooms in our renovated cottage. I'm generally not a ceiling fan person, but we need them in our bedrooms in the summer. I'll be looking for white fans, and will probably need lights on them. I want white fans, and since our house is sort of a retro cottage/flea market style, I don't want modern. Have you seen any cottagey ceiling fans lately? So far I haven't seen anything I liked in a few quick online browsings.

I also need a queen headboard and a full headboard. Everyone but me is tall, so we can't use footboards. I'm thinking iron, either in antique nickel type finish or painted white. I don't see anything I like locally, so I'm going to have to shop online. Any resources for iron headboards that you like? I have to admit, I ordered one for DD's room about two years ago and I like it, but I can't remember where I got it (online). Doh. And of course, this being a second home, I'd like to spend as little as possible but I want something decent that I won't have to replace in a couple of years.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Comments (2)