SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anrsaz

Help! Need to share office w/DH & 4-yr old! Long...

anrsaz
19 years ago

The story I will try to make this easy:

I pulled my 4yr old DD out of preschool and will try the homeschooling thing this year in an effort to prepare me for when Kindergarten kicks in next year. She was in preschool MW&F. On those days, I did our accounting for our home-based business in our office in our garage w/my DH.

With DD being home, I will still need to work, however her naps are a hit and miss so I will try to do some of this when her TV time is "allowed," etc.

Here's the problem:

My DH and me need to share various files. It will be difficult for me to constantly run into the garage office to get what I need and to keep going back and forth. Our home computer is in our family room which I will use to do office stuff.

1)Should I leave it as is since the home computer is central to the home and run back and forth w/files?

2)We have 4 bedrooms, 1 the Master, 1 is DD's playroom, 1 is DD's bedroom, 1 is a workout room. Should I put my DH's office in one bedroom, the playroom and my office computer together in an adjoining room and make an area on my "desk" for her to play, and the workout room to the garage? The only bad thing is that if (I should say when) she throws a tantrum, it may be too noisy for my DH in the next room to work. I can't put her playroom and bedroom together as she has a problem going to bed then, although the toys could be somewhat split.

I will also need a file for homeschooling stuff.

I know this is confusing, but has anybody been in this situation and what would you do. The main problem is that my DH and I need some of the same office stuff. Any other ideas??????

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH