SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tealcake

Hate the new paint in the family room, help!

tealcake
11 years ago

Ugh, what a nightmare. We are just finishing up having our living room, family room, and downstairs bath painted. I had intended to paint the living room coral and the family room gray. The plan was to have gray and yellow accents in the living room - I was really set on that color scheme, partially because I brought home an amazing antique rug from Morocco with the same colors. So we painted the living room in BM coral gables and I love it. We tested 4 "grays" in the family room. I liked one color, but the painter and my husband both liked another (BM stardust) so I went along with it. Now it's on the walls and I HATE it. So much. It's brown, not gray. The rooms connect, so it's kind of a big deal and I don't want poop brown in the living room!

The painter is coming back tomorrow to touch up a few things and clean up. I'm not sure if i should try to have him redo the family room now or wait see how it looks with the furniture. Maybe it'll grow on me?

I'm hesitant to rush a repaint because of the cost, but I know it will cost more to let him clean up and leave only to have to do all the prep over again.

We are doing a pretty substantial amount of refurnishing (new house!) - any suggestions to bring out the gray in this BROWN paint? Gray couch? I have two armchairs to reupholster for the room also - I haven't painted the frames or chosen fabric yet so there might be potential there. Or should I just have the painter bring over more samples in the morning and start repainting?

Comments (5)