SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Worried about friend

secsteve
11 years ago

Years ago, when I was a member of Professional Secretaries International, I became friends with one woman who was in charge of an on line publication we started. Unfortunately, the organization decided the name we used was too close to theirs so we had to shut down. But in the course of this, we became close friends even thought we never met..

Fast forward through the years. We've stayed in touched by emailing each other once a year, mostly either right at or shortly after Christmas. We'd bring each other up to date on our lives, families etc.

I sent her an email early this year in early December, but didn't hear back. I emailed her this month to see if she had received the email. (We both changed email addresses at one time and forgot to tell the other, so wanted to make sure that didn't happen again).

I received a very short message saying she had received it with the addition of " blank (husband's name) and I have had some challenges over the last several months, so I've been away from my computer a lot."

I sent back a short note saying I hope things are o.k. for you both. I know you've both had some health issues in the past.

I'm really concerned for her, but felt this was the best thing I could say.

All I can do now is wait and see if I hear anymore from her. The last thing I want to do is appear pushy or noisy.

Comments (9)