SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kay161

Plz show me the end of your peninsula

kay161
12 years ago

Hi, all. We're getting close to actual work on the kitchen. One last-minute glitch has been to lose cabinets at one end of the U, which threw off some symmetry. Originally, the end of the peninsula was going to carry into the DR to serve as a solid support wall for an upper maple countertop. This "wall" (support & peninsula end) was going to be covered in bead board. The peninsula end will now have a simple frame to match the shaker-style cabs... no beading.

Instead of carrying that framed look onto a countertop support wall, I'm thinking I would like to go with some type of pedestal under the countertop, along with a couple of brackets/corbels (not sure of correct wording, but wood, not metal) for extra support, if needed. I'm leaning towards a solid block-y pedestal, rather than an ornately turned leg.

Does any of this make sense? If you have pix, I'd love to see them. My decorative brain cells are pretty well fried at this point... not that there were many to start with. GW has been a goldmine!

Thanks.

Comments (3)