SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikomum_gw

cross posted: A good basic gas range

mikomum
13 years ago

I cross posted this in appliances but I thought I'd ask here too since, well, since here is where I'm comfy.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what stove to get for our reno. I really want to go to gas. We had an OLD apartment sized gas stove about 10 years ago in a condo we rented and we loved it. I cook on gas in the holiday trailer. We can't afford a super-fancy gas stove and I want something that is easily serviced (we live in a remote location in northern Canada). We already have a gas line on the property as our furnace is gas.

I like to cook but it's usually kid-friendly food at this point in our lives. I bake a few times a month (otherwise it's on my hips). We use the oven a lot for cassoroles, that sort of thing. We don't entertain a whole lot but I would like to be able to cook a large turkey. .I'd like something that is as easy as possible to clean. Our new kitchen is fairly generous in size so space isn't a problem.I do prefer the look of a slide-in (or 'backless' look but that isn't a deal breaker.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

Comments (21)