SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill302

Selling - Update Baths Yes or No?

jill302
10 years ago

After looking at the discussion on staging, I thought I would ask the group for advice. We are planning on listing our home in a few months. While I do not plan to hire a professional stager, I will be doing some "home grown" staging. Currently, I am busy packing up and moving at least half of our belongings to storage. Beyond removing all the excess items and the heavy cleaning, my husband and I are trying to come to an decision about what we need to redo before listing the home.We just are not sure about baths and paint. We have 3 baths with showers/shower surrounds done 60s tile (one done in white, one avocado green and one pink), the baths also have the original cabinets/sinks with cultured marble counter tops. One option is to gut the baths and redo everything, not sure this is cost effective. Another would be to update the paint on the cabinets, update the hardware, replace sinks and cultured marble counter tops. Each of the current counter tops has a stain or two, and the sinks are looking tired. Or we could just leave as is and let the buyer deal with all of it. Additionally, we are are trying to decide on wall paint throughout the house, is it enough to touch up the paint that was new 7 years ago, or should it be fresh. We have made a lot of improvements in our home, including a new larger kitchen (7 years old now), new fireplace, new entry and bathroom floor tile, wood flooring and new stairs - the main thing that has not been redone is the baths. Any suggestions? TIA

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert