SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sameboat

What Do I Tell My DS?

sameboat
17 years ago

I have an eight year old son who has a friend from school whose home he's never set foot in. And that's how I plan on keeping it. Nor has this boy been to our house. There is something about him I can't place my finger on it. The way he looks, the way he talks, his parents. Everything about this kid screams at me not to let my DS play with him. We always run into this boy and his mother at the grocery store or at school, and he always asks my son over to his house and then of course I say, "Oh no, honey, I'm sorry today's not a good day," -to which he says "yes it is!" And "Whhhhyyyy? Why can't I play with him today? What about tomorrow?" It's just an icky scene. Anyway, I sense there's some stuff going on in the household - no evidence, just a feeling in my gut and I'm going with it. What do I tell my DS when he asks me why he can't play? I'm running out of excuses. Now I say because you just can't that's why. I'm afraid this kid's mother will call me and ask why or something and I just don't want to be fumbling for an excuse. I think my son would repeat to the kid if I say I didn't like him or that I thought he wouldn't be safe. I don't want any confrontation with this kid's parents. They don't seem very warm. Any suggestions?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County