SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Calling Bill V., stone experts, & anyone... flooring material

remodelfla
15 years ago

I'll post this on flooring too.

We're starting to hone in on flooring so I need a set direction so I can research price. I had been focused on rectified through body porcelain and even zeroed in on several manufacturers that Bill had previously recommended. We went to a friends house for a super bowl party and they had a travertine floor. DH loved it. Now I'm wondering which would be best for our needs.

We wanted a no maintance floor appropriate for So. Florida. We have 2 small dogs. I had figured the porcelain with 1/16th grout line (epoxy grout).

I know travertine has to be sealed. Is it as easy as wiping on a sealer like I hear you do on granite? How often? Is it as durable as a high quality porcelain? Hold up to little dog accidents? This house is it for us so I want to get it right the first time. Would have loved wood but not practical for us.

The look we want is clean simple lines. Not overly anything.. meaning contemporary, traditional, whatever. Just a comfortable house that's very open to backyard and somewhat informal.

What would you suggest and why please.

Comments (5)