SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popi_gw

Letting things run its course with teens

popi_gw
16 years ago

My DS (15) has a girlfriend (14). She has some issues in that she is taking anti-depressants, her problems stemming from the death of her father 5 years ago.

I am not happy with this relationship, as she lives a distance from our house, and to see her he has to spend the day on a train, stay the night and come back the next day. I am not happy with that, as I have not been to the house, but I have spoken to the mother and she seems very nice.

I have spoken with him about protecting himself, and said that if he ever feels he is in danger he should phone us and we will collect him. I trust him to do the right thing.

He is at an age where he wants to go exploring, and I don't want to hold him back and make him over-cautious about getting out in the world.

I have come to realize that I just have to wait for this situation to run its course and he will find a girl friend closer to home who has a happy disposition.

But whilst waiting for this to eventuate my stomach is churning with worry !!

I guess I just want to vent and have a few words of wisdom from you folks, what would you do in my situation ?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz