SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Found a treasure trove of recipes.

lindac
16 years ago

Been emptying shelves because of a roof re do....if I didn't empty it likely would fall!!

Anyhow...I found cookbooks from several small churches...and several club cook books from my mother dating to the early 1960's.

Most of the small church cookbooks are nothing I would even consider....lots of recipes using a can of soup or a packet of some sort of flavoring or mix....but the desserts are fabulous!

Then I started with the Penny Cookbook from the Woman's club of 1963...OMG!! Pages of really interesting molded salads, NOT using Jello...but things like melted baking chocolate and gelatin....and one I will post when I have more time for a "mousse" featuring Brie, leiderkrants, blue cheese and whipping cream and gelatin....saus to serve with pear wedges! Sounds good to me! And another for mustard ring.....which is pretty much whipped cream and dry mustard and gelatin....says to serve in a ring mold with peaches??? Not me!!

I'll try not to lose it again and post recipes from time to time. They were all great cooks and not a can of soup to be found. One woman was German and she entered some really good sounding recipes for German specialties.

Anyhow I had fun!

Did you ever spend a day putting away 40 books? LOL!

Linda C

Comments (10)