SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamatburke

Sudden change in 5 yr old behaivior..any help?

tamatburke
16 years ago

My son will be 5 in 3 weeks. He is in a pre-k program at our local school and has been the child every teacher could want. He asked good questions, listened, followed the rules, and did as he was asked. Since Christmas his behavior has been getting progressively worse at home and at school. It escalated to physical anger at school on Friday. He kicked a box, shoved a bunch of blocks off of the desk, talked back to the teachers, did not listen to one thing all day. His teachers are astonished. He went from being their favorite student to one that causes problems daily. His behavior at home is pretty much the same, except he whines constantly. Yesterday my husband told him on his next day off they would do something really fun together and they started throwing ideas around. Once they decided what to do our son pitched a royal fit because he coudln't do it right then.

I'm just at a loss. He is such a wonderful, loving, caring child that people compliment him on his behavior. Now this has happened and I was embarrased to be in the store with him the other day. I'm fine if this is a phase and we find a good way to deal with it and help him through this. I just don't know what else to say. Please help

Comments (11)

Sponsored