SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_lou_who

Birthday Parties

cindy_lou_who
22 years ago

My daughter will be turning 6 soon, and I'm hoping to get some opinions on what to do.

Last year, we had her party at Chuck E. Cheese. This year I would like a normal party at home.

The problem is, I have noticed in the last few years (at other parties) that the parents seem to want to hang around.

I am limited on space in my home, so just having 10 kids would be alot. Also, after planning food and everything else, you have to come up with ideas for the adults as well. This was espaecially bad when I had to buy alot of extra pizza and drinks at Chuck E. Cheese because I was not expecting parents to stay. I paid for the party in advance, and only took a credit card at the last minute, just in case. (good thing I did!!)

I always remembered parties where the parents would drop the kids of, and come back for them after it was over.

Do you guys normally stay at a party with your kids? Also, what do you do when a child is dropped off, but the parents don't return at the end? I have had this happen as well. They sometimes return up to 40 minutes late.

Thank you!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored