SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malachite_gw

TTC in 6 months.. what to do right Now?

malachite
22 years ago

I posted this in the Preg forum, someone suggested I come here :o)

Hi all! I'm very excited, hubby actually started to take interest in the idea of having a baby (or at least he can say it out loud now :o). I didnt even have to talk him into it! We want to TTC in 6 months :o)Â

We are both 25; June is our 1-year wedding anniversary (we have been together for the better part of 10 years); hubby has a pretty good job and we have had our house for two and a half years and are pretty much all settled in AND We have been SAVE SAVE SAVING our $$$.

We are ready!

What kind of things can we start on now? So we wont be going nuts when we do finally do conceive?

I know there is a chance that it could take a while and all that, but we want to start getting the expensive things so we donÂt have drop the cash all at one time (I wont be going back to work for a while) and because I may not have the energy to do it when IÂm finally pregnant. Some people say that itÂs a bad omen and all that, but I donÂt know, I think it's smart. What do you think? I just canÂt see myself shopping, painting and all that, when IÂm 8 months along.

When did you start doing things to get yer life in order for a baby, what have you done and ***what do you wish you has gotten done earlier***?

HOW DID YOU PREPARE?

. Such as...

Started a home based business

Sold yer car

Bought or Sold a house

Got new carpet

Took that vacation

Remodeled the kitchen

Started a baby savings account

Started working 2nd job

Bought yer baby furniture

Started on the nursery

Starting buying toys and clothes

Enrolled in daycare

We do want to remodel the kitchen before we have a baby (itÂs been planned for a while), because I wont be going back to work for at least a year and we are probably going to be living moderately for a while. I am also going to sell my mustang and go for the more conservative priced family car.

How do you ever prepare enough?! Plan enough?!

Any info on what we can and should do now, would be VERY helpful.

Michelle

Comments (13)

Sponsored