SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Aisle Spacing Question:Min Distance b/n Prep Sink and Range

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Question of the Day.

MichelleDT posted about the Kohler Stages today. I have too much time on my hands and I started drooling and daydreaming. If I can get past the financial hurdle, I think we can get this to work.

I called the cabinetmaker, explained my vision(s) to him. I emailed him the spec sheets for the Miele speed oven and the Kohler Stages, 33".

I figure I have 2 choices. It could run the long dimension of the island, meaning the shallow part would go over the oven. If he can lower the oven a wee bit to make it fit, then that's fine. This location would keep the person prepping out from the range area. Option 2 is to have it situatied so it runs from the sink base, across the short side of the island, since there is a trash pullout there.

Currently it is set up to have 48" between the end of the island and the range. This island can easily be moved even further away from the range. If we do the 2nd option, should I move the island down a few inches? Or is 48" enough room?

This is so exciting. I really really want to do this.

Please advise what you think would make the most sense.

Here's the floor plan to give you an idea:

The sink base is 22", in case you can't read that number. The trash currently says 16.5", but I think it can be made wider and the drawers next to it can each be shrunk by an inch. Nothing is built yet.

Comments (2)