SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

more food for thought....Amish puppymills

ilmbg
15 years ago

Here is more food for thought-

I understand that another puppymill has been taken over by The Humane Society. About 70 dogs. AGAIN, the puppymill was run by Amish people.

At one time, I believed that Amish people were good people who lived by a simple standard of hard work, faith, being good to all people and animals. My mind has been changed over the past several years.

I absolutely do not understand how people who claim to be 'good' can do what they do to animals- and not for one minute will I take the excuse 'that it is just my way of bringing in an income' will make it OK to constantly abuse animals- all over the United States! The Amish abusing animals seems to be an acceptable part of their faith. Where do they get the idea that it is OK to abuse animals- it certainly is not from the teachings of Christ, in ANY faith!

It is not just puppymills- there are many horses that go through the Holland Horse Auction that are rundown, abused horses that have been so neglected/abused/worn-out from the Amish.

I must admit that my mind has been changed over the past several years about the Amish. At one time I admired their simple ways. No longer. I must add that a recent, documented TV show also shocked me about how young adults were treated by their elders regarding forcing young women to abandon education and be forced to marry within the 'family' at a young age. It had a 'cultish' agenda sound to it.

Another disappointment of people claiming to be 'following the Lord'.

Please do not think I am against any religion of any kind. I am just so shocked and disappointed at yet another religion hiding behind their faith.

Thanks for listening.

Comments (20)