SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

BM Regal paint for bathroom? Paint and primer question.

User
13 years ago

I'm soon going to be painting my bathroom either red or gold. I'm leaning towards red at this point but my test samples will tell.

In the past I've used Ace Royal but it's not carried at our hardware store anymore. They now have DoItBest and I'll never use it again. I'm willing to spend the money on BM. Back in the day I wanted to paint my room and my Dad brought home a gallon of Regal. I liked it.

Getting to my point, will the Regal be good to use in the bathroom? We do have a fan. I know if I go with the red to have the primer tinted gray. Regal primer or one of the Fresh Starts? What paint finish? I actually don't like flat paint and am ok with other sheens, though I would prefer eggshell in here. I am however a TOTAL SLOP at the sink. There's currently mascara water marks on the *cringe* flat builder white paint.

The things I've read about Aura kind of scare me with the drying time. I think I'm a decent DYI painter but... I know they make extenders but then how long does it take the paint to dry and cure properly?

I also know BM has a bathroom paint but it really necessary? Regal says "provides mildrew resistant coating."

Will two coats of red cover over the gray primer?

I like Zinsser's primers and have a gallon of 123. Could I use that with the BM Regal paint?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (12)