SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Dining room built-ins or not, colors, etc?

Thanks to all here, I am moving ahead with my dining room project. I am putting in a built in wine bar hutch on one end of the room and on the opposite wall want to flank the 5' opening with 2 additional built ins or small buffets. Here is a basic layout of the room, I'm displaying it with IKEA stuff but not set on using IKEA as of yet. The room is 12'6" by 15'4". The windows are off-center as shown which is why the big built in is going against that wall.

The big built in will basically look like this (the design is pretty well set. I don't want to make further changes as this is what works with existing wall, power outlets etc.

I'm going to do the big built-in in a painted finish with the counter area being a cork product. I'm thinking a creamy white to a taupe color. I'm planning to paint the room an orange/pumpkin color.

My question is, would you do the 2 small china buffets to match (I can have them built by the same guy) or should I just buy 2 freestanding units? I only have 41" on either side of the door so looks like most things I can buy would be 36" wide.

Here is a plan of this part of the house-the plan does NOT show these built ins, just the room and a table.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH