technique name?

duckie

I once saw a paper craft I want to try. The finished project in this case was a snowflake. The paper had been folded upon itself, but not creased. Slits were cut into the paper and the paper was pulled through the slits. It is some sort of cross between quilling and origami. Any idea what the name of this type of paper craft is?

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Sounds interesting. I hope you find something on it.

Save    
Red_Confetti

Hey, Duck - good to see you again! I've been trying and trying to find something like you are talking about, but I just haven't. I can't even remember seeing anything like that - sounds very interesting!!

Can you tell us a bit more...
Is it just ONE piece of paper?
What is the shape of the beginning paper?
How big is the paper?
How big is the finished star?
What kind of paper is it... just regular printer paper, or something tougher (like Tyvek)...?

Did you see the star being made in person at a craft sale or demonstration, or in a book, or on the Internet, or somewhere else?

Save    
Midnight_Sun

How about this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: 3D Paper Snowflakes

Save    
Midnight_Sun

Or could this be it? LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Finnish Stars

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Selling Your House Home Staging to Sell: The Latest Techniques That Really Work
Get up to speed on the best ways to appeal to potential buyers through accessories, furniture, colors and more
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 'Yakisugi-ita' Is Setting the Siding World on Fire
Exterior wood siding created by a Japanese burning technique is now alighting in the Western world
Full Story
Landscape Design Garden Walls: Dry-Stacked Stone Walls Keep Their Place in the Garden
See an ancient building technique that’s held stone walls together without mortar for centuries
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Precision Home Solutions specializes in remodeled bath and kitchens, finished basements/bars. We keep your budget... Read More