SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildlifephotomom

Plantation shutter question

wildlifephotomom
16 years ago

I hope this isn't a dumb question to ask but I have searched the site and have not seen this question addressed (maybe because most everyone knows the answer but me) But, even at the risk of showing my ignorance I will ask it.

I am getting ready to start stripping wallpaper in my master bedroom and then repaint it. I would like to have plantation shutters installed in there. My question is this-all of our woodwork is white oak stained in MinWax Provincial (which is a warm honey oak look) I see so many of the plantation shutters in houses are white-but they also have painted white woodwork and I have no painted woodwork at all in my house. My house was built in the early 1930's and is a two story red brick house with Charleston Green (almost black) outside shutters. All of you on here have such wonderful taste and so many wonderful ideas that I value I would so appreciate your opinions on this. Do I go with white (or would that look cheap from the outside) or go with a wooden look plantation shutter. I think from experience with an expensive wooden Levolor miniblind that I should probably go with a faux wood as this blind has warped (perhaps because it is in a south facing window). I can post pictures of the outside of the house if this will help. I value any suggestions on this matter. Thank you in advance.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths