Describe A Card

sue102

This board has been a bit slow lately. Maybe it'll speed up a bit if everyone posts and describes a greeting card they've recenly made. Care to join me?

Kids' Birthday Card

Stamp 'Happy Birthday' inside the card

Cut four monochromatic squares and adhere them to the front of the card. Using birthday stickers, stick a birthday cake, balloon, gift, and any other celebratory sticker on each of the squares. You can add a ribbon at the top or bottom, if you wish.

Sue

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftfetish

Okay, I'll play.

I made this card to show off a rubber stamp that I had made with my friend's new logo, but any occasion-appropriate stamp would work.

Cut a large square for the center that is about 1/2 inch smaller than the base of the card on all sides.

Cut six strips of cardstock in two complimentary colors, so that you will end up with three matted strips. I like to vary the widths - 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch and 1/6 inch (or thereabouts) for the top color and a bit wider for the matte color. You could do this with ribbon too, but I am cheap.

Arrange the stripes under your stamped square, overlapping some.

There is a picture of this on my blog if a visual is easier to follow.

Here is a link that might be useful: stripey card

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue102

That sounds great! Thanks
Sue

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Coffee With an Architect An Architect's Calling Cards
The next time you run into a tongue-tied architect hanging out solo in a corner, one of these handouts may help
Full Story
Coffee With an Architect An Architect's Calling Cards: Part 2
In the battle against social awkwardness, an intrepid architect calls upon ... what else? His design skills
Full Story
Basements Room of the Day: Game On in Sacramento
Like a royal flush beats a pair, this high-design spot for private card games trumps the typical basement
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More