SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janis_g

Buying Cards

Janis_G
13 years ago

Most of you know that my sweetie is not only blind he also has dementia. Buying cards is out of the question for him as he doesn't drive any more, however, he never forgets our anniversary, my birthday and Valentines day.

He has to ask someone to get the cards for him to give and

when our grandson takes him he is patient and reads dozens

of cards and describes them so Neil can choose.

This year he asked Katrina if she could get the cards but since she doesn't drive either it became my responsibility

to pick out my own cards. What an awkward position to be in.

I agonized over each card wondering will this be okay and is it something he would pick out to give me. All the time I was feeling sad that it had come to this and the whole thing sucked eggs.

I finally got the cards and by the time I got home I decided it was okay to pick out my own cards. Think about it, how else could I say to me what a wonderful, special, beautiful, kind, intelligent, fun loving woman I am? :0)

Yesterday, son came by to take Neil out to lunch

for his 85th birthday. He asked me if I got my Valentine.

I replied that yes I did get a Valentine. He asked if I liked the ribbon. "The one I got didn't have a ribbon."

He walked over to the buffet and got a card out and explained that he had taken his dad to get some cards.

Neil had forgotten he already had cards when he asked Katrina to help. Now I'm searching all over the house for hidden cards, maybe a present or two, who knows.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions