SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jemdandy

Question for Raven: Bad Install of IE ver 10.

jemdandy
11 years ago

System:

Asus motherboard
Processor: AMD 5 core (one so-called core is for graphics)
8 G RAM
Windows 7 Professional

Browser: MicroSoft Internet Explorer (IE), version 9
Email: Thunderbird

Internet Provider: att.net using Yahoo!
Internet Connection: DSL by ATT over phone line.

Earlier this week, about 8 updates came in and I noticed IE ver 10 was available, so I checked this also.

All downloaded and installed without a detectable incident.
After the computer was rebooted, I had trouble accessing my email stored on my IP's server. (I read most of my email while it is on the server and download to my computer only the ones I want to keep for awhile. I discard the unwanted ones while those are still on the server.)

With the new installs, I could log into my IP server (ATT.net who is vending Yahoo!). I could browse and read items on my home page, but could not log into my email.

Not knowing which download may have caused the problem, I reset my system to the state before these downloads using the Recovery feature. I began to download and install these updates by one or two at a time and testing after each system change. It was found that the new version of IE was the cause.

I can't be sure what should be done to correct. Did the new install of IE not pick up some setting that could be manually entered, or was it a bad download, or maybe it was beta-ware. Or worse yet, I have a buggered download of IE on my system that will not go away of its own accord, but needs to be manually deleted. The reason I suspect the install file is on my computer is that when I tried again to get a copy of IE ver10, it came in too fast for my DSL conection - I suspect it detected a copy already in my computer and did not refresh the copy.

At present, I am running IE ver 9. How can I find the download copy of IE 10 if it is yet on my computer, and can I delete it?

Did I inadvertently download IE ver 10 while it was still in beta and was not ready for prime time?

Thank you in advance

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio