tinting Homemade paper

blackeyedsuzan

Hi I am new here I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to make paper with seeds in it, but I would like it to be Royal Blue. I have tried a few things but the paper turns out light blue - does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you

Blackeyedsuzan

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

Hi, thought since no one has answered your post I would try, have you tried acrylic paints, dark blue and add black till its pretty dark since it will dry lighter, maybe food coloring, cant find my box to see what colors to mix, rit frabic dye , or maybe paint the paper while still wet with water colors if the paper is still wet the color should blend, Iam only guessing you might have already tried these, you might post on the craft form I am sure you would get some ideas there.
Oddie

Save    
SanPS

Thank you for sharing:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Art

Save    
janmoulder

The simplest way to get that color is to start with that color paper, that is if you're recycling paper. I second the Rit dye...you can just mix the liquid into the pulp. Don't try adding paint because it could compromise the strength of the paper. You will need to dry the paper pretty quickly or the seeds start sprouting...not what you want, I would guess. I've been making paper for quite a while and have already made all the mistakes! ;-)

Best of luck!
Jan

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
DIY Projects Tint Your Own Paint for New-Looking Walls
Dabbling in mixology means you can use up leftover paint and give your walls a custom look in one fell swoop
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Pretty Packaging for Homemade Holiday Treats
Keep fragile baked goods and candies intact and in style with these boxes, bags, tins and plates
Full Story
Decorating Guides Creative Ways to Make Art from Paper
Adorn your walls with beautiful paper — cut, printed, torn or folded
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More