SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slushmonkie

Type of Primer Needed After Removing Wallpaper

13 years ago

Years ago, when we moved into our newly built house, the drywallers applied primer to the walls with sand in it. I decided on wallpaper, so I scraped all the sand nubs off the walls and put on whatever type of primer the paint store told me to use. I don't remember what the brand was....I'm thinking it was an oil based product. Now, I've taken down all the wallpaper in my kitchen. I didn't gouge or dent any walls, but in places when I removed the wallpaper the primer also came off right down to the drywall. I scraped off all the loose primer and I will sand it to get it as smooth as possible and wash the glue off. I know I will have to put a coat of primer on, but I don't know what type to use. Also, I want to put a sand texture back on the walls so it matches the areas that I never wallpapered. I will be painting the walls but I don't want to buy a bag of the sand additive. I had terrible results with that once before. What type of primer would you recommend and is there a product that you recommend that has the sand already suspended in it? Thanks for your time.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals