Getting ready for Valentine's Day

Marie_TX

I'm going to make some woven heart pockets, as I try to do every year so as not to forget how, out of red and white construction paper. Does anyone have the instructions with illustrations? I would love to post but don't know how. Maybe I can get my son to use the digital camera for a shot of each step, and somehow get it online. -- Marie

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

Tell your son your friends are waiting to see your Valentine hearts! If he can take the pics we can figure out how to get them posted:-)!

Save    
Gramof3

Do you have instructions for the weaving? Could you please share?

Save    
Marie_TX

This is a Danish website with excellent instructions for the kind of hearts we make. Let the whole page load and look at all the variations. It's simple once you get going.

-- Marie

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make woven paper hearts

Save    
Lia_SC

I love how they have them hanging in the windows. I wish I had windows like that!

Good idea to do them every year, 'cause it's easy to forget how! I keep one hanging on my bulletin board. It's made from patterned papers, red and pink.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping Get Ready for Winter the Chilled-Out Way
Doing just a simple task a day for a dozen days will have you and your home saying, "Bring it on" to winter
Full Story
Valentine’s Day Our Big Book of 50 Valentine's Day Decorating Ideas
Wear your heart on a wall, table, bed, bench, pillow, shelf or shade
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We strive daily to continually make ourselves better, because we realize that our name, image and performance is... Read More