SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21164925

White Chocolate Blueberry Muffins

User
15 years ago

I made these for breakfast this morning. They were so good I thought I would share the recipe with you. Found the recipe on Culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.

The changes I made were: I used frozen blueberries rather than dried and I broke up some Bernard Callebaut White Chocolate and used more than the 1/3 cup called for in the recipe. I also left out the 1/4 tsp cream of tartar because I didn't have any. Oh and I sprinkled a little sugar on top before baking.

The recipe made 12 muffins plus two small loaves.

Moe loved them so much he ate 4.

Dried Blueberry White Chocolate Lemon Muffin

http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com

2 sticks unsalted butter

1 cup sugar

zest of one lemon

2 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

� tsp baking soda

� tsp baking powder

� tsp cream of tartar

2 and � cups all purpose flour

1 and � cup sour cream

1/3 cup white chocolate chunks

� cup dried blueberries

Juice of 1 lemon

1 cup hot water

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a small bowl combine dried blueberries with 1 cup hot water and the juice of one lemon. Let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the blueberries to plump up a bit. After ten minutes, drain and pat dry with paper towel. Set aside.

Take 1 cup of sugar and place in a small bowl. Add lemon zest. Using your fingers rub the lemon zest into the sugar.

Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.

In a separate, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cream of tartar.

Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture in the additions. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.

Fold the blueberries and white chocolate into the batter. Portion the muffin batter into greased tins(I use an ice cream scoop). Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20 minutes. If making mini muffins, reduce time to 15 minutes.

Comments (11)