SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Market day - Oct. 24

teresa_nc7
14 years ago

Another inclement day weather-wise! I was not planning to bake bread for the market today when I saw the 90% chance of rain in the forecast. But then I had a regular customer call me and order 4 loaves! So I said what the heck.

I had a total of 12 loaves, 8 Amish Wheat and 4 100% Whole Wheat and sold all but 3 loaves. I took my time getting there because it was raining and very windy out. So I sold those loaves between 8 am and 10:30 am when it started raining again. There were only 4 vendors there today including me.

Did have a good conversation with Utah who sells fruits and vegetables. He said that he continued selling after the market end date all the way until after Christmas and no one said anything to him. Then the organizer from City Hall came around to greet the vendors and he told me it would be fine to sell after Nov. 14!

So, I think I will make up some info sheets to give out the next few weekends offering to take orders for breads and rolls in November and January. Also, if a regular customer calls me, I will arrange to meet them at the market to get their bread to them - so I'm still sort of selling at the market and most likely will not get into legal trouble.

Teresa - still rolling in dough, but not money! ha!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz