SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

It broke!!

lindac
14 years ago

My sauce that is....

Had guests for dinner last night and served rainy night comfort food...pot roast, smashed potatoes, carrots green salad, baguette....and bread pudding with Ann's "bread pudding sauce".

Well as I was preparing the last of the dinner stuff I also was making the sauce to be cooked later.

But I turned the pan on to very low to melt the butter and get a start on the final sauce making.....and forgot that pan was on!!!

Luckily it is a 1 1/2 qt Le Cruset pan and nothing scorched....but when I discovered it was on the sauce was bubbling furiously for who knows how long, so i shut it off, stirred until it stopped bubbling....we ate dinner, and I slightly warmed the sauce....spooned some over everyone's serving of pudding.....but when I went back into the kitchen all the butter was floating on top of the sugary milky goo.

It will smooth out if I stir while it's cold but reseparates again when warmed...

Why? And how do I fix it?

Oh, the recipe is 1 cup butter, one cup sugar, one cup cream, pinch of salt, bring to a boil and stir and simmer about 5 or 6 minutes, add 1 tsp vanilla and pour over your pudding.

Linda C

Comments (4)