SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liketolearn_gw

Long but need help ... what paint ... matte, eggshell, satin ...

liketolearn
17 years ago

New house and all new drywall to be painted. Priming now and going to pick-up the paint this weekend. We are going to go with Sherwin Williams paint and also have a few rooms in Benjamin Moore.

I know Benjamin Moore has a few paint lines (regal matte, aquamatte, etc) within their brand and wonder which one to use. I'm sure Sherwin Williams has a few paint lines too within their brand. And each have several choices for finish (matte, flat, eggshell, satin, gloss).

I know we need the kitchen to be very washable but we also have a little Jack Russell that can find a mud puddle in a drough and gets 3-4 baths a week for this talent so we still need somewhat washable on regular walls.

Not sure what best line and finish to order. Can you suggest for:

Ceilings in BM

Walls in BM

Bathroom walls in BM (to be painted in red)

Kitchen walls in BM(to be painted in a red/burgandy color)

Ceilings in SW

Walls in SW

Bathroom walls in SW (to be painted in red)

Kitchen walls in SW (to be painted in red/burgandy color)

Almost forgot ... we will have various colors (greens, blue, red, burgandy) and under what colors do we need tinted primer?

I expect the red and burgandy will need 2 topcoats but will one topcoat be enough for the lighter colors?

I know this is alot of questions but I'd sure appreciate all the advice you have to give!

Comments (4)