SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karin_2015

all this dust!! is this how EVERY kitchen remodel is???

karin_2015
14 years ago

Hello-

I'm kind of bummed...we hired 2 guys to work on our kitchen and while they are FABULOUS and have been doing a pretty darn good job of cleaning up after themselves, I went there today and am just overwhelmed with the amount of drywall dust and random wires, screws, insullation clumps, other dust and dirt that seems to be invading my brand new, almost finished kitchen!

Here's where I am in the process of the kitchen remodel (to give you a better idea and maybe, you will tell me that this dust and dirt is just part of the experience):

the hardwoord floors are down

the cabinets are installed

the cabinet hardware is on

the holes in the ceiling are drilled and awaiting hook-up of the light fixtures themselves

the kitchen is painted

we are waiting for the countertop

Oh, and they put that red paper over the hardwood floor as a protective layer (which is not perfect--there are some holes in it from walking on it and there is lots of dust and debris on top of it.)

So anyway, last week I was feeling pretty good---I had a kitchen floor and beautiful cabinets installed-pretty much dust free. But today, there is dust IN the drawers of my cabinets as there is no countertop on to protect it and mostly drywall dust from them drilling the holes for the pendant lights over the island.

I shop-vac'd (sorry about the misspelling of that) the cabinets today but I'm just worried more dust will come.

Also, I noticed some places where my second coat of paint didnt cover. Is it normal to feel this overwhelmed? Like everywhere you look you need to make a note to fix this/change that (i.e. I noticed the outlets in our dining room are beige while they are white in the adjoining kitchen---needs to match!)? I'm freaking out. We have to be in this house by 3/1 as we found rentors for our other house and yet seems like while the kitchen remodel is almost done, they still have my 2 bathroom reno's to do and I need carpeting installed--all within 3 weeks.

Just looking for your support....I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now!! There is a end to this dust....right??

Comments (12)