SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Another forum gift

annie1992
13 years ago

yes, this week I got two. Carol (Readinglady) and I exchange emails regularly about canning, cooking, family, gardening, whatever. She knows I've been crazy busy with my stepmom's stuff, Amanda's wedding, Ashley's graduation, a new boss, just lots of things going on. Oh, and Carl, The Sausage King, just retired, so now I have to find a new meatcutter, darn it. Hey, he was an important cog in my farming machine!

So, anyway, I came home a couple of days ago and found a box on my front porch. I didn't remember ordering anything, but I thought maybe there was a late wedding item or something. I took the box inside and the return address was Oregon. Yes indeed, Carol struck again:

She said that she saw this little guy and just knew that he belonged with me. He lives on my fireplace hearth now, blocking the draft that whistles down the chimney in the winter and leaks out the doors. The Dead Cat loves it and curls up next to him. Cooper is afraid of it and Bud and Makayla call it my "love puppy". (grin)

Isn't he cute? And useful! I love him, so thanks, Carol, for thinking of me. He makes me smile whenever I see him.

Annie

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz