SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Thanksgiving.....Traditional and New Foods

Jasdip
12 years ago

Since we Canadians just celebrated Thanksgiving this weekend, Alexa requested that someone start a thread focusing on traditional meals and anything new.

I hope it's okay that I start it.

This was our first Thanksgiving since my Mom passed, in August. Tradition is the Turnip Puff, that she always made. I mentioned it in the vegetable thread. I made it this year and it was perfect. It's our favourite way of eating rutabagas.

Mom always made the potato casserole with cream cheese and sour cream, but we just had regular mashed this year.

I made the marinated carrot salad, with green peppers, onions tomato soup and worcestershire sauce.

I made the stuffing made in the slow-cooker, instead of inside the bird this year. So very flavourful, easy, and a huge success. That will be the only way I make it from now on.

I just put onions and a lemon in the cavity of the bird and salt and pepper. It was cooked beautifully as well; nice and moist.

(When I cook a chicken or small turkey for just the two of us next time, I'm going to experiment and cook it breast-side down, just for kicks.)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County