SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apoem

While the husband is away....

apoem
19 years ago

The wives will play.

First I took the kids to the store and stocked up on frozen dinners. The kind they like but I won't buy when I have to cook for husband too. This will account for a few dinners during this week.

Second I bought a video. Yup. Bought it. Another piece of something coming into my house. BUT THEN....

I went through his night stand. I made not attempt to hide it. I got rid of just about everything in his drawer and shelf. I also went through his drawers and desk. I usually leave them alone out of respect.

Nope- not an ounce of respect here. I went through everything I could today. AND let me brag--

2 bags of garbage. TWO BIG BAGS. In the garbage can waiting for the garbage man on Wednesday! Four big bags of stuff to goodwill. Four! That is SIX BAGS Gone!!!

I cleaned out his night stand and moved what needs to be filed into the study to file. I threw old catalogs away. I kept his magazines. In fact, I cleaned up so much room, I was able to move all of his magazine from the basket in the front room to his night stand. He's not going to like it but I do. And he most likely won't notice for a while.

ANd I really didn't get rid of much. I went into the kids room and didn't think I"d find much to get rid of because I recently went through their room. One garbage bag of stuffed animals gone! Another bag of toys and games gone!

Oh yeah. GIve me a challenge. I'm ready for it.

Well almost. I'm not doing my closet if I can help it. However, even as I write, I can feel it pulling me in there.... clean me, clean this big black hole of a closet... organize me... throw stuff away....

Tomorrow the pasta machine goes! I'm going to go through all the stuff I can in the kitchen. Yeah yeah! I'm making progress now. There isn't much I can do in the study since I recently went through the study and got rid of and rearranged what I had in there. But I may just go through the study again.

Ginger

Comments (6)