SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juline17

Starting over -new house and kitchen design

10 years ago

I'm starting a new thread since I've come to realize the the old house design was inherently flawed and way too costly to build. Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point!!!

So, we're starting over again in the whole house design, including a new kitchen.

To summarize the last thread; we're designing a prairie acreage "forever" house, have two little girls and frequent overnight guests. We both cook, sometimes together (and sometimes with "help"), and bake occasionally.

The first floor plan (first draft only):

Kitchen details:

Since the floor plan is just the first draft, pretty much everything (including walls) may be changed to optimize the kitchen. The windows are not added in since I'm unsure of where they would go and depends too much on the layout.

This idea has the DW to the left of the sink, with an 18" drawer stack for utensils and plates, with uppers for glasses and cups.

I don't truly need a separate stove top and oven, but since it would be "nice" and I thought I had room it is included, with a 12 (or 15"?) landing for the stovetop. The island overhang downwards remains 15" for optional seating. (Sorry about the lack of detail; we revised the whole house last night, and the result does show a lack of sleep...)

I did forget to add a pantry in the kitchen itself; perhaps I add it to the left of the fridge? It would not have a landing space though, and would make the kitchen pretty long.

Input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: previous thread

Comments (16)