SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

Cabinets - How to Save?

runninginplace
15 years ago

I'm talking to a kitchen center that reps a wide range of cabinets, the top lines of which are Wood Mode and Wood Harbor. They also carry in roughly descending order Kitchen Craft and Shiloh. Oddly enough they don't promote Broookhaven but I would assume if they have WM they would have that too.

I didn't think I could afford the highest lines but with the discounts right now that Wood Mode is running (and which the kitchen rep says are also available from Wood Harbor) I'm wondering if you wise experienced remodelers can give me some tips on how I might be able to stretch my budget by pricing out some less expensive options in this kind of high budget lines.

For example, what in general is the ranking on door styles from least to most expensive? I gather beaded inset is the priciest so what would be the least expensive? Reading I generally just get the "cabinet door style can definitely affect price" which doesn't tell me exactly HOW.

Also, someone at the kitchen center said that in general frameless is cheaper than framed cabinets. True? I am intrigued by frameless anyway because they seem to be more size-enhancing and I need all the room I can get in my small kitchen!

Some features I don't want to compromise-I'm getting white painted cabinets for example which I *think* are more expensive(?). But I know if I don't order as many bells/whistles that will save and I assume I could do my own ordering on some things like pullouts-correct?

Any help much appreciated; the designer is coming to measure and give me an estimate on Friday (I haven't signed anything yet).

Ann

Comments (3)