SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soshh

wall/cab. color for subway tile/marble/stained glass bath

soshh
16 years ago

Hi all,

Coming down to the final decisions for my kids' bath, one of which is my paint choices.

It will be a very traditional bathroom, white subways and hex with gray grout, satin nickel faucets and hardware, schoolhouse pendant over sink. The vanity top will be made with a statuary marble remnant, similar to shown. It has some warm tan and cooler gray veins running through it. Their vanity will be about 4 feet wide, built into an alcove, with towers to the ceiling on either side of the sink. For trim, there is only one window (the stained glass, which is part of a double hung) and one door. The tile will go to wainscot height, so there is not much wall showing.

The concern is choosing a color for the cabinetry, trim and walls. I don't want it to be pure white. I would like to do either a warm gray (BM Edgecomb or Revere Pewter), a cream (like BM Lancaster Whitewash) or a deeper putty like BM Abingdon Putty, all from the historical color palette.

I would do the cabinetry and wood trim the same, and the walls slightly different. (Either a shade darker or lighter perhaps.)

I intend to pull in some color with their bath mat and towels, but the stained glass is throwing me!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville