SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

Am I allowed to do this?

trinitytx
16 years ago

I work for a small company. Less than 100 people total. My off site office is only 10 people strong. 4 of us are girls working in the office proper, the rest are out on the floor working as techs.

One of the 4 girls is an assistant and has had some emotional issues in the past week. She is young, 19 years old. She missed 4 days of work last week being in the hospital, and is now on medication to help her deal with her condition. She has been diagnosed with manic depression and bi-polar issues. I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is my boss does not think I can ask her for a doctors release to be sure she is able to be at work this week.

He thinks it is crossing the line on the privacy of medical issues.

She seems very unstable to me, and I know that some medications take some balancing acts to work out.

I, however am worried about her well being, and the well being of the other gals in the office.

Does anybody know what the rights are regarding this?

Please go easy on me, we don't even have a HR person to ask. I know hard to believe, but we don't.

I would really like to hear your input on this and the possible reprocussions that may occur.

Trin

Comments (20)