SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksoxgrl

Help with lighting/paint choices...long sigh

ksoxgrl
14 years ago

We are in the final stages of redoing my 16 yo son's bedroom. It's quite small as you can see so I'd like something light. All the trim will be linen white, including what is still showing as stained. The entire slanted wall with skylight was wooden and stained dark so it already looks so much brighter now that it's plastered. So, what type of lighting should I use, just bedside table lamp and desk lighting, or should I put up a wall sconce on the wall near the door(do people still use those single bedroom wall sconces)? We are putting up a ceiling fan without a light kit on the small flat ceiling.I thought about adding recessed on the same small ceiling but thought it won't look right. So that's the lighting questions. Now I need help with paint choices. I like it when rooms flow, so we just painted the hallway outside of the bedroom powell buff and the bath nearby is northampton putty. Again, it's for a 16yo who will most likely be heading off to college soon so I was looking at something fairly neutral, not electric blue like it was before, something on the idea of BM's brandon beige, nantucket breeze, or florentine plaster (though I can't seem to find FP on the BM color deck any longer). Looking at the room pics would you suggest painting the entire slanted wall the same wall color paint or ceiling paint? Any advice/opinions are most welcomed! Oh, and his furniture is cherry.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!