SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adamsmile

Yikes. I just bought an 1898 Victorian house

adamsmile
9 years ago

Hi,

I have always loved old homes and had the opportunity to buy an 1898 Victorian and so my partner and I did. The house had been neglected and unoccupied for the past 4 years. Fortunately the interior of the house has not been ruined by any bad remodels. Besides some large projects (fixing the foundation and electrical) the interior mostly needs a lot of cleaning and has a lot of cracks in the plaster that need to be repaired. I will be posting pictures as requested and along the way as we try and figure out what we are doing. I would say we are handy around the house but not craftsmen of any particular home remodel trade. I am hoping that the advice and prior posts on this website along with countless hours watching HGTV will help along the way.

I have attached a picture of the house as it appeared the first day we saw it a month ago. I am not certain what style of Victorian the house is.

I sometimes wonder if we are crazy for taking on this project. This is a wonderful online community and I welcome any of your thoughts or opinions.

Comments (21)