SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigbaby_gw

Need Advice about Work Situation (kind of long)

15 years ago

I'm a hospice social worker. I have been part time for 3 1/2 years as our business has grown. I was the only social worker at our office all this time. Our case load grew and grew and we hired another social worker in December. Big mistake. She has melt-downs all the time, cries, etc. She has major passive aggressive behavior. Whatever I tell her regarding orientation, if she doesn't like it, she goes to someone else. She has just been a nightmare. She is not well liked by the patients, either. Last week we got a huge complaint about her. My supervisor and the administrator told me that we should divide up the case load in a different way so I had all the more difficult cases. They were both really ticked off. The next day, my supervisor tries to back out of the whole deal. I got mad and sent the supervisor and administrator a memo outlining the problems we have been having and stating that after 3 months I think I should be finished orienting this person as I only had about a week orientation when I started! Now the four of us are meeting tomorrow and on Thursday the HR person from corporate will meet with us as well.

So far this has been a great job. They have really not had any complaints with me. I was always able to do this job part time and I was my own person. Now, it feels like I'm thrown into a roller coaster with this new person and I don't get any say anymore about what I want or need. The new person is just a nightmare and my reputation is on the line. She misconstrues everything. Besides her being such a royal pain in the behind, it has been super, super disappointing. I was so happy to have another social worker starting and now it has just turned to doodoo!

I wonder if any of you have any advice about what I can expect or what ground I can stand on? Can they force me to work more hours? Can they force me to work with this person more closely? Always in the past I have just laid down what I'm willing to do and they have always agreed to it.

Comments (6)