SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Need painting advice, please! (2 pics)

alisande
15 years ago

This is my new laundry alcove, which is on the first floor adjacent to the dining area, which in turn is open to the kitchen. The whole floor has an open plan. As you will see from the first picture, one of the alcove's "walls" is actually piece of furniture from the dining area.

I have a couple of questions. One: The color I've chosen is Kilz Bulgur Wheat, which looks to me like a pale ochre. Both the ceiling and walls are beadboard, and I like the idea of using the same color throughout. Do you think this is a good idea, or should I go for white on the ceiling? If you recommend the latter, what about the piece that joins the wall and the ceiling (and hides the pipes)? Should it be considered part of the walll, or part of the ceiling?

Okay, that was more than one question. But I have another. The cabinets hang about 3" below the ceiling. What do you suggest I use to paint the ceiling over the cabinets? I wish I'd done the painting before the beadboard panels were installed, but the contractor nixed that idea.

I have fibromyalgia, and the idea of painting this ceiling is daunting, to say the least. But there's no way around it, and I sure am looking forward to having my washer and dryer delivered.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, and here's a bit of the "before" view. (I have a very old house.)

Comments (6)