SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

I'm restocking my freezer; What would be going in yours?

claire_de_luna
16 years ago

Long story short, my freezer needed repairs and I lost all the food in it. What hurt the most were seasonal items like fruit that I had put some work into (strawberries, blueberries and mangos) to cut and freeze and package in vacuum sealed bags; and things I had cooked and frozen, liked a huge amount of pulled pork that was ready to go. Oh well. I did get a new compressor out of it, but I have to restock my freezer now from scratch. The warranty was good, and the company is giving me a $300 allowance on food so I feel better about that.

I've been to meat market and bought 5 lbs. of beautiful bacon, chicken breasts which I pounded flat, a brisket, bone-in rib chops, 10 lbs. of ground beef, and skirt steak. I need to get some frozen vegetables, sausage, pork roast, chicken thighs/legs, strip steaks for stir fry and am planning on making some twice-baked potatoes to freeze, some pasta and rice dishes and broccoli balls. Besides bread, I'm trying to figure out what else to put in the freezer. The weather's turning cooler, so I should probably make some soup. Oh! Pesto! I have basil that needs to be used, and lots of it. Tonight, I'm stirring up my favorite whole grain pancakes and will make some extra. I use my freezer as cold pantry storage and shop from it often, so I like to have a variety of things to choose from.

I know I'm forgetting something! What would be going in your newly stocked freezer?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths