SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Anyone here use Click-N-Ship and SCAN forms?..long

Ok, I got some new cartridges in my printer and now want to Click and Ship and then arrange for pick up tomorrow (so I won't 'have' to drive clear into town just to mail one box of grapevine cuttings I am sending out for postage only.)

I wasn't aware until today about SCAN forms and was wondering if anyone uses them, and if they are FREE.

Here is what the site says....sorry it is long...

The process is simple:

1. Create your label.

2. Check the label's "Add to SCAN Form" checkbox on the Shipping Cart page.

3. After printing all your labels for the day, close out and print the SCAN Form. Sample SCAN Form

4. Bring the form with you to the Post Office⢠or place it with your packages if you request Carrier Pickupî.

5. A USPS employee will scan the barcode on the SCAN Form and return it to you for your records.

6. Use Track and Confirm on USPS.com to see the date and time that your package(s) entered the USPS mail stream.

Please note:

SCAN Forms (PS Form 5630) are only available for labels with online paid postage.

All packages associated with a particular SCAN Form must be shipped from the same ZIP Code⢠and on the same day.

To check package status, enter the individual package label number into Track & Confirm on USPS.com. You can also use the SCAN Form number to see the âÂÂShipment Acceptedâ time and place

I do know that just having the delivery confirmation with Click and Ship does not track the package or even show when it was sent actually shipped/mailed...just when the postage was printed, and then when it was received. It looks like with this scan form, it will provide the shipping info.

Who knows all about this stuff? I know there are probably several folks who are familiar with it all.

tia!

Sue...fit to be tied

Here is a link that might be useful: Click-N-Ship SCAN Forms

Comments (5)